Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Laurenzo's-The Best Pizza in Miami






Now that the so-called Miami pizza wars have been fought and, some say, won, it's perhaps time to talk about where to get the best pizza in Miami. I would like to humbly suggest that so many words have been written about so little, that I will keep it short today, and perhaps even feel the humility myself, knowing that I already knew where the best pizza in Miami was being made right now, without having to talk to any chefs or read any press releases. I have a theory about pizza. Italians make the best pizza. Italians have rules pertaining to every aspect of pizza, and even have a DOC, the pizza from Naples, which stipulates the flour, the tomatoes, etc. I do not disparage any attempt to emulate the Italians, in fact I applaud such efforts. But to not even mention Laurenzo's, where Carlo from Umbria works the oven, a genuine historic Italian joint in Miami, still making the best meatball around, where wiseguys used to consume lasagna across from feds eating eggplant, just makes me want to say one thing.
Stugatz.









Laurenzo's Italian Market
16385 W Dixie Hwy
North Miami Beach
, FL

www.laurenzosmarket.com
(305) 945-6381